Wednesday, January 30, 2013

1-29-2013

      It was nearing the end of my first month at Walmart, when I was having a conversation with a co-worker about how I hadn't yet been trained on making a cardboard bale. He said something to the effect of, “Oh, they'll teach you that within a month or two,” to which I replied, something to the effect of, “Oh God, I'd better not still be here in a month or two.” He gave me a strange look. I couldn't be sure whether the look was communicating that he thought I was crazy to want to leave or if he was trying to tell me to keep quiet in a “you never know who's listening” kind of way. Here's the hilarious part. In two months, I'll have been here a year! Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Kill me.
      Hmm...I kinda just wanted to end the post on that note, but that would be lazy. Let's see. What else? What else? At work this morning, we had to do a thorough cleaning of the fish tanks which allowed me to spend all morning with – oops, almost forgot about not using names – a co-worker who I love working with because we really get along and poke fun at each other and I missed her bunches because we used to work together almost everyday, but for about the past month or two, I've been kidnapped by Grocery on a daily basis. Anyway, we haven't worked together in forever, but we did today, and it made me happy all day. You know, it's interesting (to me, at least); I'm learning things about myself through writing this blog everyday. This may be a complete misreading of the facts, but I think I might not be as constantly and continuously sad as I thought I was. On the other hand, my mood tends to cycle through good and bad through stretches of time sometimes as long as a month or a season. So maybe I just happen to be in the middle of a good stretch. Time will tell. Anywho, after work, I went home. I ate an egg and cheese sandwich. I watched more Portlandia. The end...or is it?

1 comment:

  1. I am pretty sure that the look was to say - ya never know who is listening..and I can't believe they haven't trained you on the cardboard thing if you have been there so long.. how strange. Things like that happen to me too. It does sound like you AREN'T as unhappy as you thought you were, but could be just a good moment in time like you said. But it is nice to hear you talk in a smiling voice.. and that things in life do bring you joy..that you are learning things about yourself too..I think it is just the companionship this other person has to offer that you miss and wish you had in your everyday life - inside and outside of work. Which everyone deserves.

    ReplyDelete