Saturday, January 26, 2013

1-23-2013

     It's 10:13 in the PM on 1-23-2013! I'm catching up finally! Let's get right to it. Last time, we were talking about “good” food and “bad” food and I was saying how I could do vegetarian with fish. I meant like for a diet. I could go meatless, except for fish. It's the least fatty animal anyway and I LOVE tuna. And vegetarian over vegan, for me, because I need butter. I've tried all the fakey butters and yuck. Tuna and butter. Gotta have 'em. Great, now I want Tuna Helper. Oh wow, that stuff can't be good for you because it is yummo to the max! Anyway, to wrap up this little topic on kicking the bad habits (or getting on the good ones): smoking = done, eating right (in my opinion, of course) = doable, vodka = not in the foreseeable future. Hey, one thing at a time...
      Okay, I went away for about an hour getting set up on Blogger. Only fifteen minutes left in today so I need to write write write. Every cover photo I uploaded was too big and I tried messing with the editor, but couldn't get it to shrink, so I just picked a different picture and it looks okay. As soon as I get done with today's page, I'm going to go back and finish up the set up and maybe even get a post up! I guess then I should tell my Facebook friends. I was thinking about setting up one of those special Facebook groups to select particular friends, but then I thought that I might as well get as much exposure as possible.
      I've been playing my original sim today, because I don't want to go any further on my “real me” sim, because I still have “wishes” of his to do AND I still have to get a new job! With all of this practice, I'm going to give myself a complete on “Learn Writing Skill”. I still have to “Take a Class in the Writing Skill” and “Order Pizza”. If my roommate brings home free pizza from work, does that count? Can I cross that wish off the list? Yeah, I think I can. Did I mention it would be free? Yay! Hmm. What about that writing class wish? I think it would have to be a free writing class. I'm not going to make midnight, sitting here at 11:58 PM, so I'm gonna look that up real quick-like. Alrighty, back after about twenty minutes of searching. I found three sites that interest me: the San Antonio Writers' Guild, a blog about writing to publish, and a free creative writing course. First, the SAWG home page shows their next meeting at 7:00 on February 7 and it says they're open to “any new or established writer”. I'd like to go, but I'm going to have to see if maybe my brother can take me. I don't like driving my car any farther than I'd be comfortable walking home from. I should try to have something written by then, like a novel's first chapter or a short story. Hopefully, this creative writing course will help me get it done. Second, the blog is called Write to Publish and it says it's about “discussions on the business side of novel writing”. I didn't give it more than a cursory glance, but it looks meaty in regards to good information. I'm going to get to it when I have more time. And finally, a free creative writing course – again, I didn't get too in-depth, but it looks good too. Before I go to bed tonight, I want to finish this page and finish setting up my Blogger. I'll be sure to share the web addresses if they turn out to be as great as they seem. So, if I take that little free online course...I'd say that will be the final wish (for now) fulfilled! Then, we'll have only the last little problem before I can go back into my “real sim” game: finding a new job. To refresh, we've narrowed it down to Culinary, Journalism, or Politics. If I only manage to secure a position at, say, Jack in the Box, does that count as mission accomplished? After careful consideration, I'm going to say, “no”. The reason being is that the ten job titles you earn as you make your way up the Culinary career ladder are all fine dining-ish – no “Fry Guy” or “Burger Flipper” here. I'm all for making my quest easier, but I gotta be fair to the spirit of the “game” we're playing here. I need to get on the ball about finding a job down one of these paths so my sim can get his life going...and maybe me too! I saw a job posting for a reporter/writer for Castroville News Bulletin that looks interesting. On the plus side, it's only fourteen miles away. On the minus side, I think most of that trip is just undeveloped, country highway, so it would royally suck to get stuck out there in the event of car breakdown. Also, they want two clips and a resume! Two clips? Wha??

No comments:

Post a Comment