Monday, January 28, 2013

1-26-2013

      Welcome one and all to the first “half-pager”! When you get to the point where you're only writing about work, well, let's just say it's time to reassess. So what happened at work today? Um, first I moved some salad dressing from one shelf to another. Then, I moved some hot sauce. Then, I moved some microwave lunch thingys. Then, I went on break. I was so happy, because the soda machine was actually dispensing Diet Mountain Dew again! Sometimes I have to wait over a week! You'd think the machine would be checked on more often, especially since it's always running out of sodas/going into “exact change only” mode. I decided to take my drink to one of the benches right outside the break room, because there were too many people in the break room already. Also, I noticed someone flipping through the channels and I had a sinking feeling that the TV was going to end up on country music videos. From outside the break room only a minute or so later, I began to hear that sweet, sweet music, and I realized I had made the right decision. After my fifteen minutes were up, I went back to work. I boxed up some cocoa and put some chips out onto the shelves. Went home for lunch. Came back for zone. Put up returns. I ran into a co-worker who was shopping and needed a ride home. She said she usually walks, but she had bought too many groceries today. I said it would be no problem and went to clock out for the day. I took her home and even helped her with her bags to the door! What? I am becoming way too gentlemanly in my middle-age. We said our goodbyes and I went home.
      When I got home, I had an egg and sausage sandwich. Yeah, I know, but I have no money and nothing else to eat. I watched an episode of Legit (really good show, by the way) while I sat eating. Finally, I made it to my room to write this!
      Alright, so just a few more lines and we're done. Oh, my “friend at work” is coming over tomorrow, so maybe that will provide some blog fodder. Did I use that word right?
 

1 comment:

  1. I could have sworn that I left a comment -- why didn't it get published? I think u should stick to...oh wait a minute.. now I remember what I said, how did u get to this point in your life? No money, renting a room from your friend, car dying ..etc.. if I don't know your story I am sure others don't either.

    ReplyDelete