Thursday, January 24, 2013

1-18-2013

     So, writers have to write, right? I have resolved to write one full page of anything everyday. Who knows? Maybe I'll have a book after a year. But who would want to read this? Anyway, I just got The Sims 3 and I am playing the shit out of it, which gave me this great idea. Or an idea. We'll see how great it is. Here's what I want to know. I pretty much gave my sim as close to my personality as possible: Couch Potato, Good Sense of Humor, Loner, Great Kisser, Natural Cook. So how come he's got a house with a pool and women and money and I don't have any of that? Thus was born my idea. I'm going to start a new sim and make him as much like me as possible, as before, but this time I'm going to favor the more negative traits. Negative, but still self-reflective. The reason is to give him the greatest, while keeping realistic, life disadvantages with the purpose of seeing what greatness we can pull out. I don't know if that made sense, but I know what I mean. So, I'll run the simulation with my new sim and then DO WHAT HE DOES IN REAL LIFE! Whaaa?? Yeah. I think it'll be a fun experiment. I'm, like, broke in real life, so I've got to play broke in The Sims 3. I was thinking of building myself the tiniest house with just the basic necessities and then see about moving my new sim in with my old (current) sim. But now I'm thinking about whether that would make any meaningful difference. It might be more reflective of my station in life just to have the crappiest little house with the most basic of furnishings, even though in real life I rent a room in the nice home of my ex-co-worker Chris. It's just because in the game, you can't “rent a room” from another sim. You move in – like roommates. It's like I would suddenly be 50% owner of the house and everything in it – not very realistic. Wow, a page is long. I'm not even halfway through. La da dee. So, back to the plan. In the game, your sim has needs and wants and a job and opportunities and goals and stuff, so I'll start off the game and when one of those things comes up, I'll do it! I want to start it right now, but I know if I stop writing to go do that, I probably won't come back. Ooo! I also wrote a few jokes yesterday or the day before. They were in my head when I woke up and I scribbled (well, typed) down all I could remember. I don't think they're too bad, but after reading them a few times out loud, I think I might need to practice slower delivery, pauses, and applause/laughter breaks. You know, for all the applause and laughter. I'd like to put together a five-minute set very soon, but I haven't thought of anything very funny since. I wonder if there are any writers' workshops nearby. I'd like to sign up for something like that. I also think I'd like to be a cook in a fine dining or near fine dining establishment. And maybe try a little gardening. I wonder what Chris would say to that. I guess I'd have to “fence off” a little corner of the backyard. I need to make a list of what I want to do, but this is a good start toward “not forgetting”. Toward or towards? I want to look that up. Okay, “toward” is American and “towards” is British. You're welcome. I want to write a novel. Maybe this will be that novel! I'll just stick a little narration at the beginning and end.

One day, Billy sat at his computer and began to type out his thoughts. He did this everyday for an entire year.

And then, 365 pages later...

Billy could hardly believe an entire year had passed since he started his “journal” of sorts. He leaned back in his chair, took a sip from his cappuccino, and saw that it was good.

The cappuccino really classes it up, in my opinion. Anyway, I also kind of want to act and play guitar and drums too. Oh yeah and paint...like paintings! Bob Ross makes it look so damn easy! I also want to find out what's the deal with getting published and agents and lawyers and all that. Well, we're nearing the end of the page so I shall bid you adieu, and hopefully, I should have my new sim ready to go by the time it comes time to write tomorrow's installment. End of page! So proud!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment